I’m still working on establishing some new (better?) habits. It’s kind of hard to do that when you go on vacation. 🙂 But today, I’m going to make an attempt to get back to it. Here are my current habits:
- Have coffee as soon as I get up.
- Read some blogs while having coffee.
- Shower/dress/more coffee & blogs –> then to work (whether at home in the summer or off to school during the year)
- Watch tv (during dinner, even, sometimes!)
- Fall asleep (usually with the tv)
- Candy Crush (when bored)
- Leave things wherever I last had them
I’m sure there’s more, and they’re not all bad. I’m pretty organized about my time, for instance, generally planning things well in advance, and having a solid to-do list. But here are some habits I’d like to have:
- Walking every day (or at least when weather permits)
- Doing something more active instead of getting sucked into games or the Internet more generally
- Keeping the house tidy. Cleaning up after myself, etc.
I think that would do at the moment. I’ve been thinking about ways to gamify this whole process and/or reward my progress. These are small things that I think could make big a difference if I stick with them. And they don’t take that long. But for some reason, I can talk myself into or out of any of these. I figure if it becomes automatic, then I’ll be less likely to do that. It needs to be easy enough that I will do it even when I’m tired, that I no longer feel it’s an imposition to do some of these things.