A month ago, a meme was spreading among CS bloggers and Alfred tagged me. I didn’t get around to doing it then, but here it is now.
So here is the task…
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger- in this case it would be me…
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 Random Facts
- I grew up in the South, not far from such tourist sites as Dollywood, AP Carter Store, and Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Speaking of the South, I was born where William Faulkner lived.
- I used to be our Judge of Elections, and wrote an essay about the electoral process and politics.
- I sang in my church choir for years including several solos and a couple of duets with a women who went to sing at the Metropolitan opera. I’ve reprieved my singing career by singing in the Faculty-Student production of Sound of Music.
- I’m a video game fanatic. Current obsessions include Civilization and Candy Crush.
- I was in a World of Warcraft guild (technically still am, but I don’t play anymore).
- I’m kind of a foodie. If I had all the money in the world, I’d love to eat fancy food all the time. Also, I think it would be fun to be a trained chef.
- Purple is my favorite color. My computer case and phone case are both purple.
- I met my husband at my ex-boyfriend’s wedding.
- I’ve lived in four different states.
- Through my husband’s side of the family, we are related to the Vonneguts (yes, those Vonneguts).
Alfred’s questions for me:
1. What place have you visited that you think everyone should visit?
I think everyone who lives north of the Mason-Dixon line should visit the South. Here are some suggestions: Memphis, Nashville, Savannah, Atlanta, Charleston, SC, Oxford, MS
2. Who is the most famous person you have met?
B.B. King, sort of. I graduated with him. He got an honorary degree. We all shook his hand.
3. If you had to live in one other country other than where you live now where would it be?
Either England or France. I love London, so I’d probably live there if I could afford it.
4. What sport do you most dream of being a star at?
5. What did you want to be with you were 10 years old?
A poet. And I almost was one.
6. What is the worst book you ever finished reading?
I don’t finish books I don’t like. I read a lot of books during my Ph.D. years that I had to finish, but I can’t remember any that I didn’t like.
7. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
8. What was the first car you ever owned?
Volkswagon Rabbit, brown. Ugliest car ever.
9. Dogs or cats or neither?
Both, but only small, cat-sized dogs.
10. Your ideal place to take a nap?
I can’t nap, but if I could, I prefer napping in bed.
11. Scariest thing you have ever done?
I rode up the side of the Himalayan mountains to reach an 18,000 ft. pass. The road was winding and narrow with no guard rails and not quite enough room for two cars, even though there were often two cars on the road at once. The road was often a thousand feet off the ground. I really thought I might die.
Here’s a picture:
And now I’m supposed to tag 11 bloggers.
I don’t think there are 11 people left, so if you want to do this, do it. Or do it in the comments. Here are your questions:
- If you weren’t doing what you are doing now, what would you do as a career?
- How did you get the job you have now?
- What’s the most interesting place you’ve visited?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What do you like most about your job?
- What do you like most about where you live?
- What famous person would you most like to meet and what would you say to them if you met them?
- Where would you most like to visit that you haven’t visited yet?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What’s one thing you’d like to do that you’ve never done?