- What kind of computer should I get for my (parent/kid/aunt/me)?
- Should my kid learn to type? Do you teach typing in tech class?
- Do you teach (name your basic office application)?
That’s about it. Here’s what I wish people would ask:
- What should I be doing to educate myself about the Internet?
- What skills do you think kids should know to be prepare for jobs and college?
- How young is too young to learn to program?
- Is learning to program important?
- Should my kid go online and if they do, what should they be doing (or not doing)?
- My kid is interested in x technology field. How should they prepare? What things can they do?
Just another parent night. Not that the first few questions aren’t legitimate, but I wish that people would up the level of questions. And it may be that a) they were all tired (it was late after all) or b) I covered the answers. I do get some of those questions from parents of older kids, so maybe it’s just going to take them some time to realize they’re important.