- Really irked about the FCC’s “Net Neutrality” ruling. I think one of the side effects of the ubiquity of computing has been a slide into complacency among users. Mr. Geeky thinks an alternate Internet will pop up. I’m not so sure. Yet another reason why I think delving into the more technical issues of computing is important.
- Delicious‘ demise. Unfounded or not, I think I will have to move my bookmarks. This won’t be the first time. Way back in the dark ages of the Internet, I used Furl, which in some ways was a superior product. It actually saved pdf’s of your links. No link ever went dead. I moved to Delicious out of a need for more social aspects–there were more people there. I still haven’t decided where to go. I’ve never been a fan of Diigo. It’s too busy. Suggestions welcome.
- Blogging. Feeling very blah about it. Of course, many folks are not blogging at the moment because of the holidays. Ironic, since this is the very time I have to read and write. Oh well. I’ll keep plugging away for a while, but who knows how long it will last.
- Gaming. I deactivated my WoW account. Which makes me kind of sad, but it doesn’t make sense to pay 14.95/month for something I don’t use. I might step back in over the summer, but I don’t see having time to game during the school year. Plus I have to get the new expansion. Too many hurdles. I definitely miss my guildmates, though.
- Whenever I think I’m done, I realize I have one more thing to do. Sigh. I’m hoping to get everything absolutely completely done today.
- Gifts. We’ve tried to scale back this year, and have been mostly successful. There will be no Santa this year for the first time ever. Last year was the first year Geeky Girl didn’t believe, but we still did the whole putting gifts out thing. This year, by the Geeky Kids’ request, we’re just doing stockings from “Santa”. Everything else is from a real person.
- Food. The kids also requested I not do anything complicated for Christmas Eve dinner because they want to spend time with me. Which I think is probably the sweetest thing ever. My kids are totally awesome. So, we’re keeping it simple. Ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, maybe a salad. The dessert will be made the day before.
- I downloaded LoseIt at Jody’s suggestion and so far, I love it.
- I haven’t done a huge amount of exercise over the last couple of days (mostly walking the dog and doing housework), but knowing I can eat a snack if I do something for 1/2 hour is pretty motivating.
- I replaced the batteries in my Wii Balance Board, so I’m ready to rock some Wii Fit. I have a real aversion to cold weather.
- I’m planning to pretty much blow my calories out on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but who knows, maybe it won’t be so bad.