I was inspired by AAYOR.
- I woke up twice last night. Once, I decided that it was not a good idea to not be wearing my night guard, so I got up, brushed my teeth and the guard and went back to bed. Mr. Geeky had gotten up some time before that because he just couldn’t sleep. Then, Geeky Girl came down sometime in the wee hours, sniffling and upset because her nose was stuffy and she had run out of tissues. So she got in bed with us, of course. So, I didn’t sleep well.
- I *still* have not finished writing two pieces that I have been working on for what seems like forever. I just cannot seem to squeeze enough time in during any given day to work on it. So I work for 1/2 – hour and that’s just not enough. I’m taking time off tomorrow to finish. They really are close.
- I also have a talk to prepare that I have not started on. I’ve got ideas in my head, but I can’t focus them yet. Ugh.
- I’ll be at 3 conferences next week. Two one-day conferences followed by a 4-day conference. Thus, why I need to get the writing done.
- The house, falling apart. Like AAYOR, there’s laundry everywhere, stacks of books and papers and mail. I can’t take it, but I’m too exhausted in the evenings to touch it.
- I’ve been watching Kid Nation. It’s a pretty good show.
- I’m looking forward to The Office tonight. Yes, I know, I should write instead of staring at the tv, but I’m not a machine okay? And the brain, she does not function past about 8 p.m., especially not after the beer/martini/glass of wine I’ve had to de-stress post work.
- Calgon, take me away.