I really can’t do it all, all evidence to the contrary. Here are some things that have slid over the last few months:
- Laundry–this has gotten really bad because no one likes to do laundry. We’re living out of baskets at the moment
- My hair–I’m letting it grow anyway, but I’m also letting it go gray.
- my wardrobe–who has time to shop!
- real cooking–I’m totally relying on quick and easy food
- most of my social life, such as it is
- a lot of blogging–I’m still reading here and there, but not like I did before
- pretty much anything extra
Mr. Geeky has picked up a lot of the slack, especially in handling the day-to-day stuff with the kids and cleaning. But he doesn’t cook and he can ignore a pile of laundry like the rest of us, so we’re kind of suffering a bit. This is my brief blog break before I go back to reading. I’m reading morning and night. I’ve written a bit, but I’m hoping to begin full-on writing either this weekend or Monday. I’ve set a personal deadline for this chapter of Nov. 15, so we’ll see how that goes. I have some time, but ideally, I’d like to start doing some revisions in December. And I have a few other irons in the fire, as usual.
I’m really looking forward to the return of some of those things. I’m planning a pretty big celebration when this whole thing is done. You’re all invited!